Friday, July 31, 2015

A man-sized breakfast for a litle lady on a vacation day!

My usual breakfast is pretty boring, but it does the job ~ especially on a work day.  My health shake and a couple of hard boiled eggs, sometimes some cut up veggies.  But when I'm home and I've slept in...you know, basically been a little lazy and indulged in extra bed time...I like to cook a proper breakfast.  And this one didn't fail to deliver on flavor, satiety, and overall nutrition.  


I use cast iron; I do put a little olive oil or butter in the pan once it's warm but I'm careful to wipe out any excess to limit the fat.  One whole farm-fresh egg and two egg whites to start.  Dill weed on the egg, with salt and pepper to taste.  A handful of baby spinach, a few grape tomatoes, and a small amount of goat's cheese.  Meanwhile I defrosted and toasted an Ezekiel multigrain English muffin.  They are super dense and filling, and can hold up a heavy sandwich versus some of the "wimpier" English muffins I've tried.  Assemble, get a couple of napkins and a fork for whatever doesn't fit on the muffin ~ and ENJOY!  410 calories, 17 grams fat, 29 grams protein.  And no hunger whatsoever for 4+ hours :D

No comments:

Post a Comment